Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mud Fest

Who said mud was for kids??? The Boryeong Mud Festival is a annual festival that takes place in Boryeong, South Korea. It took about two hours for us to get there from Daegu. Unfortunately, my coworkers and I couldn't go until the second weekend because of our work schedule. I heard the first weekend had a couple of thousand of people maybe even more! There was still a signficant amount of people that went the second weekend, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to the first weekend when all of the forenigers went.


One of the first things that we did was wait in line to get body painted. They have huge buckets filled with various colors. You can pick your colors and create a design on your body. I chose blue because I wanted to look like a smurf, which I think I achieved! LOL What is the point of getting painted? I have no idea! But I couldn't wait to get paint on me. After the paint, the paparazzi followed us all day. Photographers from local magazines loved snapping pictures of foreigners. For all I know, they were just regular Koreans doing what they do best, taking pictures! LOL JK They had professional cameras! LOL


So where does the mud come from? It is dug up near Boryeong, trucked to Daecheon beach, and dumped at Mud Experience Land. The mud is suppose to be really good for your skin! The mud is considered rich in minerals and used to manufacture cosmetics. Honestly, I was expecting my skin to feel like it does after a day at the Glen Ivy Spa, but it didn't! The only thing that I came back with was a dozen mosquito bites ALL over my body! I guess that is a lot better than Ally's painful sunburn. Ally thought he was too old for the mud so he decided to stay away. As a result, he came back with a lobster face! LOL Actually, he put sunscreen on every part of his body EXCEPT his face?!?! I don't understand either. I feel really bad for him, because his face is SWOLLEN!!! It looks like he got stung by a bee. So if you're planning on going out in the sun wear sunblock!!!

There were about 7 different slides and pools to play in! The lines were not that long, we probably waited about 20 minutes at each location. Which isn't bad compared to the wait the first weekend.


Mud Fest was a blast and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment