Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Spending the holidays away from the family for the first time!
















It's that time of the year and I am thousands of miles away from my family. It's going to be hard to get through Christmas without my mom. I've
been here for the 4th of July, Memorial Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. Since Koreans don't celebrate any of those it didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.


4th of July was actually pretty fun and relaxing. Martell cooked delicious food on the roof of our apartment building. I contributed the most by bringing a bag of chips, wine and beer! I think that was the best thing at the barbecue. He cooked crab, shrimp, meat, corn, yams, and made a pasta salad which was off the hook! It's nice to have someone in the group who doesn't mind being responsible for all of the cooking. Martell put together some scrumptious meals. Thank you!

After dinner Stacey, Erna, and I headed to Camp Walker which is the American Military base about 1o minutes away. Our goal was to watch the firework show at a friends apartment near the base, but that didn't happen because we were in a cab when the show started. We got to see the end of the show from the cab!

Halloween was definitely not like like the Roosevelt in Hollywood. There were no skanky hot girls in lingerie and extremely built men with their shirts off. Obviously there are no costume shops with hundreds of outfits to choose from. So not that many people dressed up which kind of sucked. My coworkers and I decided to dress up as a Korean hip hop group 2NE1. I was a little embarrassed because I had to wear a red wig that made me look like a tranny! LOL My coworker Toni thought it would be a good idea to perform one of the songs for the students, so we did. We rehearsed about ten minutes everyday the week before and tried to memorize the dance, but that didn't happen. Toni and Bethany had most of the dance down, I just took up space. When I didn't know one of the steps I just busted out with the robot. That seemed to work out pretty well because the kids enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment